Pink Couture is a gorgeous graphic brioche shawl pattern from Knit Graffiti Designs. This amazing design uses 3 colours, is fully reversible and fun to wear.
This listing is for a hard copy pattern, which also contains a download code for your Ravelry library. The pattern contains both charted and written instructions.
Skill level: Intermediate brioche skills are recommended as techniques include: brioche knit (brk), brioche purl (brp), brioche increases and decreases, bottom-up triangle shawl shaping, brioche tab cast on, applied border.
- The applied border is knitted with a second set of circular needles, which is a bit fiddly at the start.
- I put an end cap on the non-working end of the main body needle and used a spare 4mm tip to be able to work the stitches for the applied border.
- I occasionally knitted the border onto the needle holding the body of the shawl (I blame the wine), but easily transferred to the shorter needle to continue.
One size: 58” / 147 cm wingspan and 26.5” / 67 cm depth, measured after blocking; schematic included with pattern.
Yarn: 925 yds / 846 m Sport weight yarn
- Main Colour (MC): 475 yds / 434 m
- Colour A: 260 yds / 238 m
- Colour B: 190 yds / 174 m
Needles: 24” / 61 cm & 40” / 102 cm US 6 / 4.0 mm circular needles OR size needed to obtain gauge.